Le mer 29/10/2003 à 15:13, Daouda LO a écrit :
> Ok, i just finished putting ntp client feature in mcc (clock.pl). It's
> aimed to sync with a ntp server in local network but can be used for
> external ntp servers.
> Replace /usr/sbin/clock.pl by the one at
> http://peoples.mandrakesoft.com/~daouda/misc/clock.pl
>
> Feedbacks&BugReports are welcome.

oh well, this need to be fixed in both installer and in clock.pl i think
: starting ntpd is not enough to ensure that the system will be sync
with the time server
see this message :

Oct 29 19:18:26 admin3 ntpd[32372]: time correction of -3585 seconds
exceeds sanity limit (1000); set clock manually to the correct UTC time.

This occurs because ntpd stop himself if the delay between local time
and server time is superior to 1000s
see : http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/debug.html

to avoid this without having to change/set tinker panic, we should first
ensure that ntpd  is stopped ( service ntpd stop ), then launch ntpdate
( ntpdate mynewserver.com ), and finally lanch ntpd ( service ntpd start
)

indeed ntpdate doesn't use the panic threshold and just sync the time
with the server time. So this way we are sure that ntpd will be running
fine afterwards

---
 Il faut rire avant d'etre heureux, de peur de mourir sans avoir ri. --
Jean de La Bruyere, Les Caracteres