Olivier Thauvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Le Jeudi 30 Octobre 2003 15:05, Austin a écrit :
> > On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 04:06, Jay DeKing wrote:
>
> > Yeah... like my fancy new LG LCD display.  It's got some dead pixels,
> > and the store I bought it at says LG won't return it unless there are
> > MORE THAN SEVEN dead pixels, otherwise the store has to foot the bill.
>
> Ah ah...

> A friends just get a new computer, the screen (LG LCD display too)
> has two dead pixel. It seems LG is very good to made bad hardware :(

actually, unlike crt screens, it's hard to make an lcd screen without
a few dead pixels (only one dead transistors and ...).
[ well, on the contrary, high quality crt trinitron screens used to
  have an horizontal line on them ]

they've fscked their cdrom drives (and they did know it since newer
firmwares weren't broken -- maybe they didn't want to release updates
so that nobody get afraid) but they cannot be bashed for a few dead
pixels