On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 00:12:30 +0100
Olivier Blin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribed on electronic parchment:

> > My mistake, it's a "bug" in kernel packaging.
> > No depmod is done in %install, so mkinitrd find the first time an
> > empty modules.desc file and can't guess ext3 depends on jbd ...
>
> It's finally fixed now, you can grab the test9.4mdk packages here:
> http://compil.mandrake.org/~blino/kernel-2.6/
>
> If nothing wrong is reported about the package till Wednesday, it will
> go right in contrib.
>
> Next step is to add -mm1 patchset.

After about 4 hours it is still "rock and roll!"  :-)  There are a couple
issues with bttv loading and then exiting, but a modprobe after X is loaded
solves that.  No nVidia driver will compile, but I expected that as a test
kernel.  Frame buffer at boot just blanks the screen, which comes back as
soon as X loads.  VGA=normal in lilo.conf solves that.

No major problems to report, ext3 / jbd all load fine.  I'll do some more
log analysis in the morning about the bttv.

Oh, and the alsa 0.9.7 driver is noticeably better sounding on my system
than 0.9.6.  Been trying to build my own 0.9.8 rpms from the source, but got
in over my head a little quickly.  <:-)

If I could get alsa-0.9.8 and nVidia drivers, I'd keep running this baby.
Very responsive compared 2.4.22-21 on my 1.3G 9.2 cooker machine!

Tim

--
 _
( ) ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML e-mail