> BTW, test9-2mdk seems to be broken here - it has trouble loading the
> ext3.o module early in the boot process and since all my partitions
> are ext3 it can't mount anything and stops booting. Anyone else seeing
> this, or did I break something?

Right, the ext3 module can't be loaded from the initrd image because of
unresolved symbols (journal_* functions IIRC). I don't really know how
to track this error, this occurs very early.
I've noticed that the jbd module wasn't included in the initrd,
isn't it needed by the ext3 module ?
But even with jdb in initrd, ext3 can't be loaded at boot.

I've made another release with built-in ext3 :
http://compil.mandrake.org/~blino/kernel-2.6/

Regards

--
Olivier Blin