Leon Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >> What else would make Mandrake a more attractive workplace for you?
>
> > I don't understand.
>
> Is there anything that either Mandrake or we could do to make your job
> noticeably more survivable?

Ah I see now. Well I think not. We feel very lucky to work for
Mandrake actually, a very versatile and enjoyable work. And we
never forget we get paid for what we do, where a large number of
contributors just help us for free. So we don't complain much.

Well actually I speak for myself and a few others, of course
other developers may/will think differently :).

> I live on the other side of the planet, so I have no idea what would
> make your day, or the collective day of the crew at your office.
> Messages of encouragement? Photos of Pascal's "nice girls" with offers
> of hospitality for your next holiday? Surprise free pizza (or French
> equivalent? Crepes? Give us a head count and preferences, invite fpons
> along too) for lunch? Free food and accommodation for any Drake that
> attends LCA2004?

Thanks for the proposals :).

> Each time we *don't* install MS-Windows and MS-Office, we save ourselves
> roughly USD$400 in licence fees (MS SQL Server? I don't have that much
> money). If we put aside just 10% of that each time into a "keep the
> Drakes happy" fund and 2% towards club membership then we still save
> 88% and just the crew reading this list (call it 100 people installing
> an average of one system a month and you get USD$48,000 a year in the
> slush fund plus USD$9600 a year to the Club) ought to be able to employ
> a Drake or two by themselves - or keep the existing Drakes swamped in
> luxuries. (-:

I guess good money from free software fans should go to Mandrake
or to GNU (or to Debian, etc). We employees are already paid,
let's not forget that's first a job we chose.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/