Thanks very much for that info. Looks like i am set.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2003 7:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Cooker] Trying to find packages in cooker.

> Hello, list.
> I'm new to this list, and I am interested in helping debug, test, and
> work with the cooker release of Mandrake. However, I'm having problems
> finding a couple of packages that I absolutely require in order to work
> with Linux. I have a visual problem seeing the screen, but in Gnome 2.4
> there is the atk libraries, gnopernicus screen reader, festival tts,
> gnome-mag magnifier, as well as other Gnome accessibility packages.

All of GNOME-2.4 is available in Mandrake 9.2 and cooker, including
(AFAIK) all accessibility software in GNOME-2.4.

> Since I am very new to cooker I can't seam to tell if anyone has created
> rpms for these very necessary packages for those of us without perfect
> vision.
> If these are not included in cooker could someone please take some time
> to include all the gnome accessibility libraries and accessibility
> programs in Mandrake. Thanks, and looking forward to your responce.

$ urpmq -d -r gnopernicus|egrep "(fest|atk|gnope|gnome-mag)"
festival-1.4.3-2mdk
festvox-kallpc16k-1.4.3-1mdk|festvox-kallpc8k-1.4.3-1mdk|festvox-kedlpc16k-1
.4.3-1mdk|festvox-kedlpc8k-1.4.3-1mdk
gnome-mag-0.10.3-1mdk
gnopernicus-0.7.1-1mdk
libatk1.0_0-1.4.1-1mdk
libgnome-mag1-0.10.3-1mdk

So, all that you need to do is install gnopernicus, which will pull in atk
(if you don't have it already), festival, a festival voice of your choice,
and gnome-mag:

# urpmi gnopernicus

Regards,
Buchan