Have a scout around on the Sun web site (www.sun.com) for their 1.3 java2 JDK.
It's a big download ! Download the tar file, not the rpm. Pick a suitable place
like /opt/SunJDK/ and unzip the file in their. This result in the JRE being in a
directory tree jdk1.3/jre/bin/ and jdk1.3/bin . I don't know what you are doing
but when I installed JBuilder and Together I simply added the
/opt/SunJDK/jdk1.3/jre/bin to the path and ran the install script which duely
added the path to the relavent start scripts. Some packages require environment
variables to be set, presumably again to /opt/SunJDK/jdk1.3/jre/bin .

Owen