OS wrote:

> JBuilder Foundation is available for free. It you want more 'enterprise'
> features try IBM's Visual Age. This even comes with it's own JDK, so no need to
> install a new one - which is a problem in its own right since you can't upgrade
> it !!!
>
> Owen
>
> On Thu, 06 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> > > to learn java because I do have a GUI buggy jbuilder
> > > (Borland).
> > > I want to do it under my loved Linux env.
> > >
> > > PLEASE HELP!!!

[...]

Whoa! I downloaded jbuilder (for Linux) installation went find.
But I can't run it: it says "Opentools failed to initialise ..." duh!
Its frustrating to have this failure after the long registering and download
stuff! I wipedout jbuilder - I am really angry against it.

Anyway, I always get bad experiences with JAVA in general, very difficult to
setup and run java stuff for me!
Now it's Forte's IDE,  its editor doesn't work anymore. It worked find before I
set the paths.
I mean the ctrl-keys don't work ( cursor movements , backspace, pageup-down etc
...) WTF ??

I know C/C++ better and I am really in a happy life with it.
But since the scrappy JAVA stuff are spreading all around the world,
I don;t have any choices to learn it!!! Damnit@!

Something in my destiny is against me regarding JAVA ... :(((

All my jdk1.3 stuff are installed in "/usr/java/jdk1.3"
my path are : JAVA_PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.3 ( for forte ide )
added to $PATH:  ..."/usr/java/jdk1.3/bin:$PATH" ...

What do I do wrong ???
grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Desesperated, Failure to meet JAVA for the third time in my life ...
Serge Lussier.