Dear Mr. Christopher,

Your Solution appears fine as a re-installation aid. But How do I do a
DiskCopy? In Windows, I set up a secondary master, format it, and use
Diskcopy
c: d: /e/c/q/h/r/y from command prompt. The resulting disk when
installed in
the new system does not boot, so I set the bootable partition from Fdisk
and
the system is fully replicated. All program files & settings work. Is
there
any such DISKDUMP facility from hda to hdb in LINUX?

given a formatted drive in say hdc wouldn't cp /dev/hda /dev/hdc or a
mount point to mount point copy do the same
thing (just use a lilo floppy to build the mbr)