Well, considering that 7.1 just came out, Mandrake's next release is not
likely to come before KDE 2.0 final is out.  Thus, it makes no sense to
continue to use KDE 1.1.2 in Cooker.  Run Helium if you want KDE 1.1.2.
Cooker is supposed to be preparing for the next Mandrake release, and
that release will undoubtedly use KDE 2.0, so it'd be kinda stupid for us
Cookers to continue hacking on 1.1.2 when we all need to be hacking on 2.0
to prepare for Mandrake's next release.

For that matter, why are we still using the 2.2 kernels in Cooker?  How
likely is it that the next Mandrake release will be out before kernel 2.4?