On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 10:09:14PM +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Now I AM puzelled!  I've yet to receceive my own message, and you already
> replied?  How comes?

hehehe.. no idea... magic I suppose.  =)

> > > %install
> > > # $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_sysconfdir} doesn't get created automatically
> > > install -m 777 -d ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}%{_sysconfdir}
> > > %makeinstall
> >
> > why don't your try:
> >
> > mkdir -p %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}
>
> Isn't that about the same?  But will try right now... Like I imagined, no
> difference at all.

Hmmmm...

> What I really do not understand at all is, why are there different
> behaviours when I run the exact same commands manually and let rpm execute
> the commands?

I'm not sure.  I can't explain it, but I know it happens to me on
occassion as well.  I wish I could offer a better explanation, but I
don't know it.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
Freezer Burn BBS:  telnet://bbs.freezer-burn.org . ICQ: 54924721

Current Linux uptime: 4 days 16 hours 33 minutes.