On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 11:18:02PM -0400, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

> I updated my Helix-installed GNOME from the freezer-burn RPMs and now
> on both machine, I cannot configure my window manager.  A few options
> appear when I launch the master config panel, but changes are not
> recorded, and most options return the message "Sawfish is not running"
> (when it clearly is running).

Helix does some funny things sometimes...  I'd recommend deleting the
helix sawfish/librep/rep-gtk packages prior to installing Mandrake's
(which are identical to the freezer burn RPMs just built on different
machines).

> Was it a bad idea to install these RPMs _over_ the Helix distribution?
> Should I clear out the Helix rpms?  Curiously, on the laptop, I did a
> fresh install on a clean (no Helix or KDE) machine and get the same
> "sawfish not running" error.

Which sawfish?  Which librep?  Which rep-gtk?  Please do

rpm -qa|grep sawfish

And give mt the output, same with librep and rep-gtk.  Thanks.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
Freezer Burn BBS:  telnet://bbs.freezer-burn.org . ICQ: 54924721

Current Linux uptime: 1 day 23 hours 27 minutes.