>   Something that's driving me crazy: is there any way to remove
>   the top menu bar??  Trying to do it from the configuration tool
>   has no effect and/or crashes KDE.

I reported this to the KDE bug list. As far as I know it is still sitting
there !

Moreover I also reported, as a bug, that, unlike KDE 1, it is now only
possible to have one panel (kicker I think its now called). I for one
like to have all my launch icons on a bottom bar, and the open window
icons in a self hiding top panel. After a period of time a reply was duely
received saying it was fixed. However the author would never tell me what was
fixed. Not surprising really since it obviously has not been fixed ! Well,
that's what a good bug tracking system is for.

And as for konqueror ! This has not and does not work at all. I cannot
understand how anyone has managed to get this thing working at all !!! I
installed the Red Hat version of kde 1-92....., on a fresh Red Hat 6.2 and
theirs does not work either. Do anything involving konqueror and all I see is
the auto crash logger !

It strikes me that kde 1-92......, kde2, or whatever it's called today has a
looooooong way to go !

Owen