Hey Pixel,
> #1:   GCC is really messed up.  It will not compile any source.  Downgrading
> to the version shipped with 7.1 fixes it all.

uh? what compiler do you think we're using to build the distro? ;p

I'm not sure then, I mean with the gcc version in cooker nothing would
compile, which created a serious problem when I went to compile my aureal
driver for my sound card.  But when I downgraded to gcc in 7.1, it worked
fine.  Anyone have any ideas as to what the real problem may be if it's not
gcc?

pixel@kenobi:~>d /RPMS/gcc-2.95.2-8mdk.i586.rpm
/RPMS/gcc-2.95.2-8mdk.i586.rpm
pixel@kenobi:~>rpm -q gcc
gcc-2.95.2-8mdk

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that gcc didn't work for everyone...oh well,
it's the joys of testing :)

[...]

> Pixel, thanks for fixing the net configuration issue.  Works fine now.

i don't rememeber which pb it was, but i'm happy i did fix it ,-)

The issue was getting routing enabled...it wasn't before but is now.  Who
cares, as long as it's fixed.  Perhaps we should offer a sacrafice to the
cooker god? :)

Bryan