> Follow the instructions on www.linux-mandrake.com/en/fupdates.php3
> for the kernel update in 7.1.  Those instructions work and work
> *flawlessly*.  I've used them to install two kernels from cooker
> (2.2.17-0.12mdk and 2.2.17-0.16mdk) while keeping my 2.2.15 kernel
> which is default from the installation as a "failsafe" kernel.

Thank you, I found the directions through another persons post and have got
my new kernel up and running now.  I would like to ask if somehow we could
get the procedure shortened however, it's quite a list of things to do for
an rpm update?  I don't know if this is possible, but it would be nice.

Thanks again, Mike