> Upgrading your kernel is not like upgrading GNOME or x-chat or any
> other app.  It takes a little extra work.  MandrakeUpdate should not
> (IMNSHO) offer to upgrade kernels (I think this is done in the latest
> version) because it causes too many problems.  kernel upgrades need
> to be done manually... there's no easy way to do it automatically via
> MandrakeUpdate.

I don't agree, (not trying to start a flame fest) I think that ANY upgrade
should be clear and concise.  It shouldn't matter what operating system
you're using.  I don't need to be a technical whiz to update Windows 95 to
98, or 98 to 98 SE.  I don't even need that much knowledge to upgrade from
NT 4 to Windows 2000; I simply put the cd into the machine and let it handle
the upgrade.  I'm not talking about moving my system from SuSE 5.2 to
Mandrake 7.1, it's a simple move from one working kernel to another and
should be pretty straight forward.  This is only my opinion, so please don't
everyone get excited.  I am part of the general public however and these are
things that most end-user people expect to be able to do.

Thanks for you ears, Mike