According to the  XFree 4.0 documentation, the SiS 6326 is supported with
acceleration.  A base XFree -configure generates a config file with
acceleration turned on.  However, drakxconf from
drakxtools-1.1.3-1mdk.i586.rpm  turns acceleration off.  It also comments out
the line restricting memory to 4096, even though the XFree docs clearly state
that the memory must be limited to 4M.

With the two changes, videoram 4096, and acceleration turned on, my Diamond
A50 board works fine.  drakxconf correctly turns sw_cursor on, even though
the XFree config turns it off, yielding me my big white square cursor.

   .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts
Mounds View, MN  USA