Thierry Vignaud wrote:

> Chmouel Boudjnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > Is there any chance the ext3 code could be integrated into Mandrake's
> > > kernels ? ReiserFS doesn't seem to be as stable as it is claimed,
> >
> > What is your definition of not stable ?
Well I'll mess in the discussion if you don't mind. Reiser looks quite
tough for now. However it has not a wide distribution as ext2. Besides,
those who are making it clearly state that there are problems. And I
believe they have good reasons to say it. They are the most interested
party in this thing. Personally, I had no problems with Reiser's
partitions, but I can't say the same of the tools. Things there are
still green somehow. If you get a crash you may get some trouble to get
things back. So in terms of stability Reiser is still under question.
You may use it on a /usr that you don't mind to reinstall. But, at the
moment, I would not risk to store critical information in such
partitions.