*** I am trying to update a Perl module using CPAN installation
alias cpan='perl -MCPAN -e shell'    # auto-installing Perl modules via CPAN

*** I installed all the cooker Perl5.6-* RPMs required and openssl-*.
I want Net_SSLeay-* to have webmin more secure via SSL.

# cpan
cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.52)
ReadLine support enabled
cpan> install Net::SSLeay
Net_SSLeay.pm-1.05/SSLeay.pm

  CPAN.pm: Going to build S/SA/SAMPO/Net_SSLeay.pm-1.05.tar.gz

    Checking for OpenSSL-0.9.3a or newer...
    I could not find your OpenSSL in `/usr/local/ssl'
    Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.3a installation directory (get from
     http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
     SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):
/usr/bin/

*** From here I can't get pass this to point to L-M's RPM of openssl
# rpm -ql openssl-0.9.5a-3mdk
/usr/bin/c_rehash
/usr/bin/openssl
/usr/doc/openssl-0.9.5a
/usr/doc/openssl-0.9.5a/CHANGES
/usr/doc/openssl-0.9.5a/LICENSE
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.5
/usr/lib/libssl.so.0
/usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.5

*** And then I try to update my version of CPAN to 1.57
cpan> install Bundle::CPAN
Running make for R/RB/RBS/File-Spec-0.82.tar.gz
File-Spec-0.82/Makefile.PL
Removing previously used /root/.cpan/build/File-Spec-0.82

  CPAN.pm: Going to build R/RB/RBS/File-Spec-0.82.tar.gz

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good

Error: Unable to locate installed Perl libraries or Perl source code.

It is recommended that you install perl in a standard location before
building extensions. Some precompiled versions of perl do not contain
these header files, so you cannot build extensions. In such a case,
please build and install your perl from a fresh perl distribution. It
usually solves this kind of problem.

(You get this message, because MakeMaker could not find
"/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux/CORE/perl.h")

*** I can't find any perl.h in /usr/lib/perl5/

*** Why does the cooker versions of Perl5.6 break the availability of using
CPAN for auto-installs (a common thing to use) ?

Thanks... Dan.