> > However I still have the following problem (as before)...
> [...]
> > >     Checking for OpenSSL-0.9.3a or newer...
> > >     I could not find your OpenSSL in `/usr/local/ssl'
> > >     Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.3a installation directory (get from
> > >      http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
> > >      SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):
>
> do you have openssl-devel installed? also try and tell it that it's in
> /usr/lib/ssl

Did not, but now I installed openssl-devel-0.9.5a-3mdk from cooker.
Same problem exists when I tried /usr/lib/ssl
    CPAN.pm: Going to build S/SA/SAMPO/Net_SSLeay.pm-1.05.tar.gz
    Checking for OpenSSL-0.9.3a or newer...
    I could not find your OpenSSL in `/usr/local/ssl'
    Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.3a installation directory (get from
    http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
    SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):
      /usr/lib/ssl/
    I could not find your OpenSSL in `/usr/lib/ssl/'

I looked into the Makefile.pl script and determined that it was
expecting {path}/bin/openssl  So trying /usr instead of /usr/bin
*did* work.  However, it hung when Net::SSLeay tried 'make test',
and refused to 'make install' (as part of cpan install). I then
went to the directory where cpan downloaded the source, and then
ran 'make install' from command line, and this worked.

After modifying "ssl=1" in /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf, I now have
secure SSL (https://) to my webmin web pages.

Thanks... Dan.