Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Warly wrote:
> >
> > Dear cooker members,
> >
> > We plan to release next week our first iso image for the upcomming
> > Linux-Mandrake 7.2.
>
> Noted that it is for 7.2, and NOT for a 7.2 beta test.
> No mention of at least a pretence of a beta test, so this time you
> are at least being honest.

You're kidding!? This is the first iso image, e.g. first BETA, for the
upcomming LM 7.2

[...]

> Perhaps you know what is going on, but we out here do not.  For
> example, where does this iso fit in the entire scheme of things?

Already told here -- we plan 2/3 ISO's or more if needed.

Let's precise: 2/3 ISO's of BETA versions.

> Will it stay guaranteed frozen for long enough for a testing cycle
> (what is that? - say 1 or two months?)  And what are you hoping for

Freeze will go deeper as long as time passes. First, the internal
development will be soon frozen; second, upgrade for packages; third,
bugfixes for packages.

> from the Cooker community in response?    Will the ISO include

Testing the ISO's if you would like.

> documentation of the full list of all the enhancements and of any
> changed procedures over 7.1?  And particularly list any 7.1

Certainly.

> applications or features not being carried forward into 7.2?

Possibly. Depending on QA's I believe -- qa?

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/