Pixel wrote:

> Pedro Rosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> >       bash is not mentioned. For a real damn basic system, bash could be
> > superfluous. However some packages, like fileutils require it during
> > installation. Some other packages, like mkbootdisk strictly mention the
> > line "#!/bin/bash" in their scripts.
>
> there is a difference between Requires and Prereq
>
> [...]
>
> >       sh-utils does not build. The config claims that gcc doesn't work (well
> > how I compiled all above then?)
>
> i think we have to choose the BuildReq that we put. gcc should be installed.
> We're not gonna put BuildReq: gcc everywhere, do we?
And I am a BIG jerk, yeah? Read again "how I compiled everything
above"???? Pixel I am not THAT STUPID... I really waited that you people
react such way: "Comp doesn't work! - Did you plug it?"
The problem is on "configure" of the tarball. Maybe it is generated by
some silly feature on my computer. Maybe there is an error on the
configure scripts. I didn't dig too deep to see and check all errors.
This is one of them. Maybe on the second pass I'll try to deal with it.
Right now I only need a minimal boot system for it...

> [...]
>
> >       "which" does not build due to spec file pointing man files to /usr/man.
>
> you need the last "rpm" package
Newer than which-2.9-5 ?

> >       basesystem requires mention vim. However there is no vim by itself. All
> > vim
> > packages are divided in vim-*-(version-build)mdk.i586, where * is some
> > qualification of the
> > package (minimal, common, etc.).
>
> vim is a virtual package. vim-minimal, vim-enhanced provide vim ;p
<:)

Ektanoor