Pixel wrote:

> Pedro Rosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > > i think we have to choose the BuildReq that we put. gcc should be installed.
> > > We're not gonna put BuildReq: gcc everywhere, do we?
> > And I am a BIG jerk, yeah? Read again "how I compiled everything
> > above"???? Pixel I am not THAT STUPID... I really waited that you people
> > react such way: "Comp doesn't work! - Did you plug it?"
> > The problem is on "configure" of the tarball. Maybe it is generated by
>
> sorry, it's better to start with simple answers...
You're correct. But beware not to make those answers too simple. That's
corporative syndrome and the most irritating thing people can get. Once
I lost a few hundreds of bucks by trying to get into a Novell's
technical department:
"Phone this number XXXXXXXXXXX" (Good, after HALF HOUR of intercities
they give me an answer that I have to make an INTERNATIONAL CALL!!! :E)
"Wherrre arrre you calling frrrom?!?! Tarrtarria??? HA-HA-HA-HA!!!" (had
to heard 5 minutes of hysterical teutonic laugh over international lines
before anything else. Women... First she tried to resend me back to
Moscow offices. Then she catched the fact that I was calling from Kazan.
Kazan is the capital of Tatarstan).
Finally, after 15 minutes of fighting german secretaries who know where
Kazan is... THE TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT!!!!
"Well have you turned the computer on? Are you sure it is plugged?.."
(the problem was a Netware driver conflicting with HP hotplug disks, why
the HELL he asks me this stuff?)

Well, after one and half hour I got into the conclusion that Novell has
some special agreement with major telephone companies... ~US$250 to
correct a small feature in their disk drivers...

> [...]
> > >
> > > you need the last "rpm" package
> > Newer than which-2.9-5 ?
>
> no, i was thinking about the macros of in package rpm-3.0.5
> (by the way, latest which is which-2.11-1mdk)
>
> i tested both which and sh-utils, it works nicely here. Don't know more...
Well the problem was an old "which" package. I had some trouble in
remirroring, so only today I got which-2.11-1mdk of August 22.

Ektanoor