i managed to find some freeware tools to manualy fix my partition tables,
i'm not sure that was the original configuration, but it works.  (the
linuxext and extended partitions were a bit of guess work)

i've just tried dirk drake again and it says

I can't read your partition table, it's too corrupt for me :(
i'll try to go on blanking bad partitions
more than one extended partition.

(so i'm going to kill it)...