Hi Francois,

I went to the cooker site and downloaded what I believe is the latest one dated
8/29/2000 (perl-Mysql-1.22_15-1mdk.i586.rpm) and installed it.
I normally run in KDE but I checked in Gnome in the runlevel editor and the
mysql
daemon is running on all levels which is confirmed during boot as well.

However, I still get the following errors when I try to run mysql.

[fran@flp fran]$ su
Password:
[root@flp fran]# mysql -u root
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
[root@flp fran]# perl -e 'use DBD::mysql;';
Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so'
for module DBD::mysql:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: undefined
symbol: pthread_key_create at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm line
200.  at -e line 1 Compilation failed in require at -e line 1. BEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1. [root@flp fran]#

what is the deal with this socket thing ... I searched my computer for
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock and I don't find one.

Also line 200 (and 201) of DynaLoader.pm states the following:
   my $libref = dl_load_file($file, $module->dl_load_flags) or
        croak("Can't load '$file' for module $module: ".dl_error());

Any help there?

Did I get the latest one perl-Mysql that you were talking about?

Thanks for any help on this.

Bambi