Guillaume,

Thanks for the good news!

Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> Not joking, the cooker has been splitted into two separate things. Frozen
> version, which is the image of the recent ISO of the beta, and the normal
> Cooker, which is not blocked from any upload as there can be "usually".

There are no 7.2 or 7.2 beta iso images yet arrived on the aarnet
mirror in Brisbane.

> Please, Ron, *please*, stop that now: this is exactly what you requested 3
> months ago -- and you were perfectly right to do so, that's why we tried
> to fulfill your request.

Thank you.

> Ok, the current beta and frozen are pretty broken, that's why we
> work harder than never to try to sort things out.

But how do they get out knowingly like that?

> And hopefully now the work with Cooker should be easier thanks to the
> frozen branch of Cooker.

Just confirming, by "the frozen branch of Cooker" do you mean the
beta iso images?

> -- and please, have you tried [or even noticed] that now you can also
> install directly from an ISO image, as you also requested?

No.  Would not this require a new floppy image called iso.img?
There is no such thing (on cooker - I haven't yet loop-mounted the
iso images to see what is in them).

> So, now, strop trolling/flaming, and test.

I do test, but hold off reporting the problems because they are so
obvious and so bad as to render me speechless and should have stopped
release to the mirrors - all those should have been corrected during
the testing by the developers themselves and by internal alpha
testing.  I am not talking about the packages but about the basic
install functionality.  For example, if install complains about an
error in a package (eg rpm), the system freezes with the continue
and  cancel buttons both frozen up solid.   Who considered this
product deliverable?

--
Regards,

Ron. [AU]