Hello,
I have a BIG :-))) problem.

Using hd.img for install from ext2 partition fails on "second stage
ramdisk" ( or something like )
I think that this is a problem with my hardware.
On the same machine I have installed without problems:
SuSE 6.4
Gentus 3.0a
RedHat 6.2
Debian 2.2
Slackware 7 ( and "test" )

The only error message is that the installation fails.
Before this I get "eax:...", this is a kernel error, I think.
My hardware:

MB Soyo with Via chipset
25   GB UDMA 66
2.5  GB ( old )
( on same IDE )
Pioneer DVD rom ide 10x
HP cd writer 9110i
(on other IDE channel )
Nvidia TNT2 with 32 MB ( non M64 )
HFC based PCI card
Realtek 8029 PCI network card
PS/2 Mouse ( Logitech with wheel or MS Intellimouse )
( with 7.1 and Cooker 27/08 if change mouse to Intellimouse the point
disappear )
PS/2 Keyboard
Wintv PCI card
external Elsa TLV 34 ISDN modem
SoundBlaster Live

( the second serial port is bios disabled by me )

Some other thing:
XFdrake ( and DrakConf ) write some default configuration that disable
, for example, my mouse settings ( "Buttons" "5" - "ZAxisMapping"  "4
5" ). Also reset my monitor ( AOC 7GLR )to "" ....
This happens also if I choose to exit without changes. Just launch
XFdrake and exit!!
Another problem came using Matrox G400 16 MB AGP, the card is not
detected by XFdrake and I can choose only from low resolutions (max
800x600 at 32K ).
.... XFdrake --expert --noauto and I can choose manually the card and
all resolutions are back!

Many thanks and best regards,
 alessandro                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]