Vincent Danen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Wed Sep 13, 2000 at 05:19:55AM +0200, Magnus Holmberg wrote:
>
> > It works when i recompile it my self.
> > It can't be that way that the package I installed through MandrakeUpdate
> > is compiled for i686? I think you will get ileagal instruktion if you try
> > i686 binares on a pentium200/amd k6-2-300
> > You can't try if your binares works on a pentium-1 system?
>
> Nope...  they're compiled for i586...  Unless someone is smoking
> something and fiddled with settings they shouldn't (on Mandrake's
> compilation cluster), they're definately built for i586...
>
> I don't have a regular pentium system to try it on, sorry... It's
> either an Athlon or the P2-350.

I have a k6-2 here; it does the same error as pucko reported [illegal
instruction core dumped]. :-(

Geoffrey, you are the last packager -- I can't even recompile the current
package without any modification, what the hell!? [overuse of
short-circuit or what?]

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/