Once again I am wondering what is going on here.
Consistently over the years Sound Blaster Cards
16,32 and 64 etc. had been the most consistant
in being recognized and configured
by all Linux Distributions.

As of 7.1 the ratio of failures compared to successes
has increased at an alarming rate. Yes I was able to get mine
working after alot of hacking around from past experience,
but this is totally unacceptable for inexperienced users.
I am beginning to recommend to clients that they try L-M 7.0
or even 6.1 if they want a basic sb, user workstation install.
Without outside help. This doesnt seem right.

I would like to hear from anyone who had a completely
trouble-free install of 7.1 or cooker/7.2 with sb based audio cards,
or any audio cards for that matter! What kind of hardware setup
did you have? What kind of audio-card? Did sound work from the "get-go"?
Please email me privately if this would be the right way
to go about this .?!

I still am pounding around with L-M 7.1 /cooker and enjoying
the rapid ups and downs as long as I remember to keep a default
working system handy !:)

William Bouterse
Talkeetna Ak