William H Bouterse wrote:
[snip]
> I would like to hear from anyone who had a completely
> trouble-free install of 7.1 or cooker/7.2 with sb based audio cards,
> or any audio cards for that matter! What kind of hardware setup
> did you have? What kind of audio-card? Did sound work from the "get-go"?
> Please email me privately if this would be the right way
> to go about this .?!
[snip]

William....I've had no problems with 7.1 and my Creative
PCI128 Sound Blaster.  It uses the es1370 module and was such
a no-brainer at install that I didn't even know it had
automatically installed and configured the module.  In fact I
just installed a 2nd 7.1 on some spare harddrive space and had
exactly the same experience as the first time.  The only thing
I had to do was to turn on system sounds in the KDE Control
Panel (and associate some sounds with system events).  I've no
experience with 7.2 as I connect at 28,800.

Alan