alix,

I'm not from the Mandrake team, but you must have somehow missed
noticing the Mandrake/.update_in_progress file being downloaded.

That's plainly telling you that the mirror you are using is still
update-in-progress.

In other words, the frozen beta2 has not yet reached the two primary
mirrors.

Warly (Mandrake Team) tells us the VERSION file of the frozen beta2
contains the string:

Linux-Mandrake Ulysses-Beta2-i586 20000910 21:42

So we have to wait for that, or later, to appear on the mirrors.

--
Regards,

Ron. [AU]