I installed Beta 2 via ftp and everything went really smoothly.  You are to
be congratulated.  However, during initialization, I notice that the script
is looking for /lib/modules/2.2.16/modules.dep while trying to bring up both
the network and the sound card.  Of course, it fails because that directory
doesn't exist.  So I thought I would be smart and create a link to
2.2.17-5mdk (a directory that does exist)and name it 2.2.16.  This gets
further but complains that the module was written for 2.2.17.  Of course it
was, I though that that was what we are running here!  Does anyone know what
is going on?  Why is it looking for a directory that should not exist?  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.  I am not a unix administrator by any
stretch of the imagination, so I don't know at what point things are being
thrown off track.

Thanks,

Brad Peterson