I performed an ftp install last night, and encountered a problem I thought
I should report.

I decided to install in a second HD I have.
During the install I used the Diskdrake tool to assign mountpoints.
(/dev/hdb1 as /boot (8Mb ext2), /dev/hdb5 as swap (96Mb) and /dev/hdb6 as
/ (1.8Gb ext2)). After that I selected to have hdb1, hdb5 and hdb6
formatted (it also offered me to format /hda5 which is the swap partition
on my normal install).

Diskdrake claimed to format, and the insatll proceeded to determine which
packages could be installed. Here things went wrong. The installer
reported:

---
Problem: An error occured "Your system has not enough space left for
installation or upgrade (58566643 > 421325)
---
As the only choice was "ok" - that's what I selected.

I went back to Diskdrake and attempted to unmount teh root partition
(which no longer reported to be mounted as "/" - but unmount was the only
option). This led to:

---
Error unmounting /dev/hdb6: No such file or directory at
/usr/bin/perl-install/fs.pm line 227
---

Re-selecting /dev/hdb1 as /boot and proceeding results in it informing me
that I must have a / partition.

I tried to restart the insatll several times, and this occurred every
time. however, when I delet the paritions on /dev/hdb and recreated
them, the install proceeded smoothly, and with no further problems like
it.

There are a few more little thingsL
During the package selection there are both an "Accesibility" and an
"Accessibility" directory.

In KDE the fonts aren't behaving. While selecting any true-type font, it
displays as some kind of standard font.

There is no entry for the 'Guillemot Maxi Gamer Banshee' (a 3dfx banshee
card, as teh name suggests) or the Packard Bell 3010 Monitor (max res
1024*768 @ 60Hz).

Rikard

[Scientific Study] Is one of the very few things that lifts human life a
little above the level of farce, and gives it the grace of tragedy.