Hi Antony!

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 12:23:31AM +1100, Antony Suter wrote:
> Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> >
> > "Matthew R. Sprague" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >

> glibc 2.1.92

I disagree, this version is highly patched by RH to get it working at
all. You have to be more specific WHY you want this beta version of glibc
included.

> gcc "2.96"

WHY ? The current gcc just works fine for me. I'm not against moving forward,
but the current Beta is in freeze, so don't make the change there (imagine
they had to recompile _all_ packages!!)

> RPM 4

Same as above, the Mandrake RPM can rebuild RPM4 src.rpms so I see no
problem. Also Mandrake ppl. told more than once that RPM4 won't go into
the next release.

> I dont mean as hack* versions to try, I mean as the standard tool.
> I assume that these can go in cooker as soon as Mandrake 7.2 in finally
> released...

I disagree, they surely won't.

> I wont mention the 2.4 kernel right now. Its taking a LOONG time to come out
> and i'm using hackkernel 2.4 anyway.

It might run for you, but there are for sure 1000 other ppl. which have
problems with this kernel.

Best regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--