Reinhard Katzmann wrote:

> Hi Antony!
>
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 12:23:31AM +1100, Antony Suter wrote:
> >
> > glibc 2.1.92
>
> I disagree, this version is highly patched by RH to get it working at
> all. You have to be more specific WHY you want this beta version of glibc
> included.

For one thing, it is supposed to have better i18n support.

> > gcc "2.96"
>
> WHY ? The current gcc just works fine for me. I'm not against moving forward,
> but the current Beta is in freeze, so don't make the change there (imagine
> they had to recompile _all_ packages!!)

I agree that gcc "2.96" is not stable right now, however after Mandrake 7.2
which is 2 months away, it may well be stable enough to consider.

> > RPM 4
>
> Same as above, the Mandrake RPM can rebuild RPM4 src.rpms so I see no
> problem. Also Mandrake ppl. told more than once that RPM4 won't go into
> the next release.
>
> > I dont mean as hack* versions to try, I mean as the standard tool.
> > I assume that these can go in cooker as soon as Mandrake 7.2 in finally
> > released...
>
> I disagree, they surely won't.

I was only suggesting they go into cooker at the start of the cooker
development cycle. Would not the cooker process help sort out the issues?
That is what cooker is for.

--
- Antony Suter  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  "Examiner"  openpgp:71ADFC87
- "And how do you store the nuclear equivalent of the universal solvent?"