On Mon, 02 Oct 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi people
>
> I have been trying to install Mandrake (7.1 and 7.2) onto a system with a Tekram
>  DC390U3W SCSI adapter.
.
.
> listed. I then get the following error:
>
> Partition check:
> sda: sda1 sda2 ............etc
> request_module[block-major-3]: Root fs not mounted.
> VFS Cant open root device 09:09
> Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:09

This is another problem that refuses to go away.  I you boot from scsi,
you can forget about using the stock Mandrake kernels, because scsi
support is modular, so the kernel doesn't know how to boot because it
can't see the scsi module yet.

You just have to keep asking Mandrake to build scsi support directly into
their kernels, or roll your own, like I have to do

 Peter Ruskin          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Wrexham, UK          KDE - the professionals' choice