It is very simple to update the mentioned packages: go to the Cooker

   http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/cookerdevel.php3

page and then to one of the listed mirrors. From the directory where you
are after clicking the link go to i586/Mandrake/RPMS and download the
packages which I have listed in the previous e-mail. Install all the
packages with the command

   rpm -Uvh <name of the package>

and now all should work.

All the messages which I have sent to you I have also sent to the Cooker
mailing list.

   Till