Hello

        Loaded beta 3 1/2 (the CD's Chris sent me (Thanks Chris!!!!)
contain Beta 2 with some of the updates), and having some problems

        1) Any idea which driver to use with Linksys Etherfast 10/100
PCMCIA network cards?  (model PCMPC100)  The install program asks which
driver to try, and I've tried a bunch of them, and none of them fly.

        2) same for Linksys Fast Ethernet 10/100 model NP100

        3) Install for X 4.0.1 still doesn't deal with the Trident
chip set in the Gateway Solo 9100 - but if I install as SVGA it
works fine (debugging info you previously requested will be on
the way sometime tonight)

        4) Kpackage?

        5) I know that this is fixed - but can't find the message
with the fix - the problem with the graphic logon screen always
saying "Login failed" - but can log in in terminal mode then start
KDE ok.

        6) Seems to be a problem with RPM as of the version from
about 4 days ago (I KNOW.. i'm a little behind in my testing!).
On some packages it hangs part way through the install of a package,
requiring a ^C to get back out again.  Also some packages are
not updating the database - ie Mandrake Update says that the installed
version is one thing, and that a different version is available, but
when the new version is installed RPM says it's already installed.
Installing it again with the --force flag set, it installs, but
Mandrake Update says it isn't.  (sorry to be so vague was late
and didn't write it down.  If not already fixed i'll dig out
specific packages later)

        Thanks again, folks..

        Vincent Meyer