I just wondered why sound isn't setup at setup time?

7.2 install just rocked with perfect detection of my voodoo3 card in one
machine TNT2 in another, installed accellerated X4 or X3 for the right
card, my HP 812C printer detected and installed perfectly, of course my
network card ran perfectly, modem was nice. But why not setup sound
during setup and have totally configured/installed system hardware on
boot?

The only hardware I have that didn't activate and setup during install
is of course my PCMCIA Orinoco wavelan card for my wireless network,
because it requires drivers from wavelan.com to be compiled into
pcmcia-cs.

Just curious why most distro's who have nice setups all seem to skip
sound?

--
The road to Microsoft is paved with [others] good intentions.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ 1796276