On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Danny Tholen wrote :
>Application: ktalkd
>Version (KDE 1.94 Beta >=20000923mdk)
>OS: Mandrake 7.2beta3
>
>It seems that ktalkd is not able to use /usr/share/config/ktalkdrc
>or ~/.kde/share/config/ktalkdrc to set 'talkprg'.

No, it reads it from ktalkannouncerc, so that the configuration is shared
with ktalk
(the client), if installed.

>Since somehow there is no ktalkd configuration appearing in kcontrol
(although
>libkcm_ktalkd.la and libkcm_ktalkd.so are in /usr/lib

Hmm, is this the ktalkd from kdenetwork ? Works here...
Oh I guess it's a directory problem.
Where's kcmktalkd.desktop ? Is it in /usr/share/applnk/Settings/Network,
or is it with the other desktop files for the KControl modules (i.e.
Configuration/KDE IIRC) ?

I guess the problem is that most kcontrol files have been moved to this
Mandrake-specific
directory, but not the kcmktalkd one. Cc'ing to the Mandrake package
maintainer,
so that he changes the installation of
kdenetwork/ktalkd/kcmktalkd/kcmktalkd.desktop.

--
David FAURE, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/