On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> I tried installing and using this program last night; I put a dvd movie
> into the dvd drive and then called the program from the command line 'vlc'
> but all it said was 'waiting for stream'.  Am I mistaken in expecting this
> program to play dvd movies?  If it's indeed a player, what are the steps to
> get it working?
>
> TIA
>
> Mike
>
> >Meir Faraj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >> Hi all ,
> >>  Someone have a link to a good DVD player since commercial one
> >
> >doesn't exist
> >
> >we have vlc-0.1.99h-1mdk.i586.rpm in contribs.
> >

> >--
> >Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
> >http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/
I think that vlc is a MPEG2 player but doesn't know to decript DVD as it is
illegal the best open source DVD player is OMS .

you need to compile it for compilling it you need to get the latest SDL
(newest that on the RC1) don't take the 1.1.5 but the 1.1.6 if it is not
released yet take it from the rcvs .

install it (./autogen  ;  ./configure ; make ; makeinstall )

now that it is installed you could compile the OMS that in the rcvs of
http://www.linuxvideo.org  without problem expect that the X11 plugins will
not compile corectly since it doesn't found :
the lib Xv and xf86dga .

you could disable these optmisation  But I doesn't know how to pass it to the
autogen .

after copy the config.sample from the source dir to ~/.oms/config

edit it .
and ok you have now to run : /usr/local/bin/oms

have fun