On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Mike wrote:
> I tried installing and using this program last night; I put a dvd movie
> into the dvd drive and then called the program from the command line
> 'vlc' but all it said was 'waiting for stream'.  Am I mistaken in
> expecting this program to play dvd movies?  If it's indeed a player,
> what are the steps to get it working?
>
> TIA
>
> Mike
>
> >Meir Faraj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >> Hi all ,
> >>  Someone have a link to a good DVD player since commercial one
> >
> >doesn't exist
> >
> >we have vlc-0.1.99h-1mdk.i586.rpm in contribs.

Have you tried xmovie?  It's on cooker and AFAIK it's the only thing that
will work on linux at present.  It won't play your movie straight from the
disc, but if you open the DVD in konqueror you'll see a load of *.vob
files.  xmovie can play these - not very big but not bad for a start.

 Peter Ruskin          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Wrexham, UK          KDE - the professionals' choice