Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Alexander Skwar wrote:
>
> > Aha, how do I run Partition Magic (PQM) under Linux?  I don't understand
> > that reason.
>
> You do not run any partitioning software under Linux.   To attempt to
> do so would be ludicrous.  Can Linux fdisk delete the partition it is
> running in?    All partitioning operations demand all partitions to
> be idle.

this is not true. You can always run diskdrake or fdisk on a running system. The
only restriction is that you'll have to reboot if one of the partition is
mounted on the disk. Someone told me this limitation is kind of removed in
kernel 2.4

under DrakX, this is not even necessary as no partitions are mounted at the
diskdrake step (there uses to be a mounted partition in hd install, but it
should be ok now, at least if you have enough ram)