The problem is drakx...... Fdisk reads the drive fine and the OS sees it fine
after install. I can mount it without any problem but drakx still can't see
it. I use the same drive with same partition with 7.1 and it works fine. Same
with RH 6.x worked fine but duing the install of 7.0 I had the same problem.
This is a Quantum CR13.0A drive. 1528 cyl 255 heads 63 secs. I will help with
what ever I can... Here is the fdisk info.
So I just run the install without partitioning this drive and after setup I
just add it to fstab. I don't know why this happens on RH7 and Mandrake 7.2

The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 25228.
There is nothing wrong with that, but this is larger than 1024,
and could in certain setups cause problems with:
1) software that runs at boot time (e.g., old versions of LILO)
2) booting and partitioning software from other OSs
   (e.g., DOS FDISK, OS/2 FDISK)

Command (m for help): p

Disk /dev/hdd: 16 heads, 63 sectors, 25228 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1008 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hdd1   *         1     24380  12287488+  83  Linux
/dev/hdd2         24381     25228    427392    5  Extended
/dev/hdd5         24381     25228    427360+  82  Linux swap

Command (m for help):