2 HD's and 1 cd-rom and one cdr actually ;)
The kernel wasn't loading the ide-scsi module on it's own, PLUS there was no
append="hdd=ide-scsi" in lilo. So I added ide-scsi to lilo for my cdr and I
added it to /etc/modules so that it would insmod ide-scsi and it's working
finr now. oh, plus I relinked /dev/cdrom2 to scd0.