Jim Fritz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have been trying out the 7.2 beta, and so far I like it except for 1
> problem I am having.  The 2.2.17 kernel has the new 3Ware adapter driver
> in it, but the install doesn't list it as an available driver.  It
> should be listed once I select "Have SCSI", as it is a SCSI driver.  Is
> it possible that the 3w-xxxx, some how got left out of the list of
> modules compiled in.  If so how could I go about getting this recified,
> or possibly creating my own ISO that includes this module?  Any help
> would be appreciated as I am expecting 15 servers next month which will
> be using 3ware's IDE RAID cards.  And no I don't work for or have any
> relations with 3ware, other than a than one of being a completely
> satisfied customer.

Solution: Use your own custom kernel together with the floppy image blank.img.

The custom kernel must contain every driver needed for the installation, not
just modules. It must also be less than 700KB to fit on the floppy. Just create
a boot floppy using blank.img by using dd if=blank.img of=/dev/fd0 if /dev/fd0
is your floppy device. Next run mcopy vmlinuz a: on the Linux command line where
vmlinuz is the file name of your custom kernel.

be carefull to include support for initrd!