On Sun Oct 22, 2000 at 02:45:52AM +0800, Geoffrey Lee wrote:

> > > After some tests with 2mdk I think it is safe to say that we are going to
> > > get this out to the masses for consumption.
> >
> > Well, I tried -2mdk on a P166 I have here and it installed fine and
> > seems to work perfectly (test based on the fact that it runs).  -2mdk
> > should be hitting the primary mirrors within the hour.  Note that you
> > don't have to fix anything for 7.2beta or cooker... those were built
> > fine, it's just the updates versions that were problematic (again, I
> > had to backport your spec).
>
> Why not CFLAGS=$RPM_OPT_FLAGS ./configure (which was the standard before
> the macros) ?

I had to change a bunch of stuff in ./configure (ie. prefix, mandir,
etc.) to all be $RPM_BUILD_ROOT because make prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
install does not work in it...  Don't ask me why, but it's a good
thing I tried building it as a user because it didn't want to install
into buildroot but into the live system.  Without patching the
makefile, this was the easiest fix (and it works).

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
// Danen Consulting Services    www.danen.net, www.freezer-burn.org

Current Linux uptime: 2 days 15 hours 22 minutes.