Doug Roberts wrote:
> Konqueror does not properly handle Java applets in Odyssey. Here are a
> couple of URLs to demonstrate the problems. The JVM installed was
> Sun's jdk1.3.

> http://www.quote.com/quotecom/livecharts/default.asp
> http://www.mids.org/weather/us/latest.html

I don't have a Konqueror to hand right now, but if these were built with J++
then anything except Microsoft's ``Java'' implementations will have problems,
and sometimes even those. If so, send the webmasters (and CC: ``Trey'' Gates) a
love-letter about it.

Slashdot had a bunch of quickies a day or so ago that included a ``Good HTML''
site (huge banners, frames within frames, blinking text, I'm sure you're
familiar with it all). Konqueror did a better job of displaying that site than
Netscape 4.7x did. Most pleasing.

--
A computer scientist is someone who, when told to "Go to Hell,"
sees the "go to," rather than the destination, as harmful.