This is false. SSH must be installed BECAUSE it's a workstation. Since a
Workstation is going to be managed by a SysAdmin then he/she needs to
connect to it securly so he/she can admin it. Espicially when root
passwords will be thrown around to "fix", "maintain", or install new
software on the machine.

SSH is always needed. End of story. I admin over 120 Machines some of
which are across the Pacific (i'm in Pasadena at JPL and we manage
machines in Hawaii for the Keck Observitory), Across the desert (goldstone
where radio dishs are located), and up mountains (Palamor Observitory). I
rely on SSHD to connect to these clients securly all the time. And they
are all workstations. SSHD is 185k of magic. No resone not to install it
on a workstation.

--
---
Bryan Whitehead