from the quill of Pixel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on scroll
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> thanks for the praises :)
> anti-marketing people are needed!

You don't need to tell me Pixel.  :-)

> the problem is that you can't allow empty passwords in that case, big
> annoyance
> for mostly home users, uh?

Meaning that you want to allow a home user to not have a password
because it is too much of a PIA for them to have to log in all the time?
 But with empty passwords, allowing sshd access is dangerous.  Is that a
correct assesment of your concerns?

You can have sshd refuse access to an account with empty passwords.

> maybe a solution would be a linux/webmin/??? function that would open
> sshd?

~blech~  I would much sooner have an sshd sitting on a port for remote
access than webmin/linuxconf.  I am not at all convinced of the security
of webmin/linuxconf.  sshd was/is developed in a very security consious
environment by a group of programmers whose primary goal is security.
linuxconf/webmin are/were not.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell